This post is a part of a series of posts to keep a knowledge around Software quality attributes.
A continuously growing list of questions worth asking during the discovery of Performance requirements:
- How many requests/transactions per time unit should we support? (Throughput)
- How fast should a system respond to a request? (Latency)
- What are the expected spikes in consumption?
- How fast should a system respond to a spike in usage?
- How long we have to keep our data?
- Is it applicable always or during business hours?
- How to handle "noisy neighbors" in multi-tenant architecture?
- Do we need to limit the number of requests/transactions?
- Do we need to prioritize traffic/requests/transactions?
If your deployment target is not a cloud provider:
- What is the capacity of the servers we have available?